Tuesday, May 3, 2011

When did May get here?

May has arrived with a flurry of showers, a heavy blanket of clouds, and assignments put off during mid-semester break. I can hardly believe May has come already.

The past week has been rather filled with inorganic chemistry, catching up with everyone at home, and a royal wedding. With New Zealand being associated closely with Britain, a few of my friends and I thought it was only fitting we make cookies and stay up to watch the wedding in its entirety.

The Miller clan greeted me Saturday morning with a large amount of banging on the walls outside of my bedroom - they were removing the outside paneling. It was a Saturday spent chatting with everyone, coloring with the grandkids, and relaxing to American Idol with Jan and Chris. Somewhat ironic that I had never seen a full episode before arriving here.

I can hardly believe that my family arrives in around 50 days. That is so soon! This whole experience has passed so quickly already and as much as I am excited about seeing everyone at home, the idea of leaving New Zealand is already bittersweet. I think that means a return trip is necessary in the future.

Something from church on Sunday has been on my mind. The pastor preached about accepting our roles in Christ. As everyone knows, I have yet to figure out which career path I am going to pursue after Gustavus. It's a running joke that I choose something different each week. Listening to the sermon, I was comforted to know that God has a plan. Though it is difficult, I have to lay aside my pride, expectations, and fears because His ways are infinitely better. Whatever career God leads me to, I know that as long as I trust God with the guiding, I will end up where I am meant to be.

As I enter into May, I am excited about the possibilities of life. I still have a considerable amount of time left to enjoy New Zealand. My family is coming to visit this amazing country in a couple of months. My friends at home have been wonderful.

Adventures await.

No comments:

Post a Comment