Tuesday, May 24, 2011

No Regrets.

I am back! I am sorry for the long delay in posts, but my profile here was doing strange things and hasn't allowed me to post anything for the last two weeks. I have been rather frustrated, but all is well now.

A brief synopsis of the latest weeks: an ascent of Rangitoto (the volcano in Auckland harbor), a puppy-chow filled girls' night, a journey up North of Auckland with a Kiwi friend, and a Turkish dinner with school pals. Overall a very fun couple of weeks.

While I know I still have a month and a half left here in New Zealand, over the last few weeks I have been struck by how it feels as though the end is quickly approaching. Classes finish after next week. My family arrives in Auckland a month from tomorrow. I head off to explore Australia in ten days. When I consider the time remaining here in Auckland, there seems very little left free.

My main concern as I contemplate how to spend my time here in Auckland is that I go home with no regrets. I hope my last 6 weeks are filled with adventure, laughter, and appreciation for the country I now live in. I am the only one responsible for pushing myself to make these things happen. I can't let my desire to see people at home get in the way of making the most of this opportunity because I will be home before I know it and I can't get this time back.


No comments:

Post a Comment