Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Ash Clouds, Ash Clouds, Go Away. Come Again...Never.

I am not ready to leave New Zealand quite yet. Instead, I have the privilege of showing my family the country I have lived in and the people I have grown to love. I get to see their reactions when they witness the grandeur of the Remarkables on the South Island and hear their laughter when they meet my awesome homestay family.

There is only one problem.

A certain Chilean ash cloud looms ominously over Southern parts of New Zealand and Australia.

If this occurred almost any other week, I would note it as an interesting phenomenon and move on.

I cannot do that this week.

My family arrives in three short days and they connect through Sydney, out of which flights have been grounded on multiple occasions in the last few weeks.

So please, Mr. Ash Cloud, skedaddle. Perhaps Chile would take you back?

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you there! I am flying from Melbourne to Christchurch this Sunday (June 26th). I hope for my sake, and the sake of you and your family that our flights run as scheduled.

    ReplyDelete