Friday, April 8, 2011

Hello Sun, Sand, and Beaches.

I am done with the first half of the semester! Yesterday was my last day of class and today finds me packing for Rarotonga and writing an essay for my mythology class. I finished it. Whew, if anyone desires to read about the inversion of Heracles' arete in Euripides' play, just let me know. I conveniently have an essay about that.

This week went rather quickly. It was nice to have a week without tests and assignments due. I did try to do all of my homework for break and while that didn't make for an easy week, it was well worth it. I now have two and a half weeks of freedom. Rarotonga this week and the South Island the week and a half after. It is going to be awesome.

I watched the first Lord of the Rings last night with some friends and it was strange to realize I am in the country. It is beautiful in the movie and I'm hoping even better in person.

More about Rarotonga. It is part of the Cook Islands and across the International Date Line from New Zealand meaning it is 22 hours behind. I've heard it's sunny and warm basically year round and the beaches are beautiful. We'll be snorkeling, tramping across the island, outrigger paddling, making our own sarongs, and just having a wonderful time. Hopefully getting a tan.

This is a very random post - I am getting picked up in ten minutes! I won't be on for a week, but hopefully I will post again before leaving for the South Island. If not, I will be back in two in a half weeks. I hope to be a little tanner and full of awesome stories, pictures, and experiences!

No comments:

Post a Comment